Monday, October 3, 2011

TypoOBJECT



This assignment is called TypoOBJECT, where we were expected to produce a typography design of a certain object using Adobe Illustrator. We had to use one font, and use the envelope distort option to put the words inside the path we created, which represented the object we were making. For my project, I chose to make a guitar. I made it using the names of the different parts of a guitar. I also included a guitar strap, an amplifier, and a cable, since I had extra time. I used the elements of art by creating different shapes of the parts of the guitar, having achromatic value, and creating form of the guitar using words. I used the principles of designs by creating harmony throughout my design, having variety on the way I used the words, making the different parts of the guitar proportionate, and creating having repetition on my design that shows movement and rhythm. My design accurately represents my sketch, since they both show where the parts of guitar would be placed in. The only difference is that my sketch didn't include the strap, amp, and cable, since I didn't plan on creating those extra objects as part of my whole project.

No comments:

Post a Comment