Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Web Design









In this assignment, we had to design the home page for our web site that we're creating. We were supposed to do this using adobe photoshop or illustrator. My final product is titled "Kristine's Creations," with the links placed on the right side, and the text area in the middle, colored in light purple. My background is colored black with glowing pink orbs, and i also included images of a guitar, paint, soccer ball, and myself on the heading. I did all this in both photoshop and illustrator. I used the elements of art by using lines to create the icons that represents the links, by including color, and by having the purple text area and links as positive space and the black background as the negative space. I uses the principles of design by having enough contrast with the page title and the background, by making a purple and pink gradient on the text area, and by using repetition on the circles and orbs in the design. This doesn't fully represent my sketch, since i placed the page title differently on my sketch than on my actual design.

No comments:

Post a Comment